Basic Policy on Personal Data Protection (Summary)
Canon Electron Tubes & Devices allows access to almost all of its services without provision of personal data. However, certain services, such as those described below, cannot be used without the provision of personal data. In all of these examples, personal data is required only to the extent necessary to support customer convenience, improve the quality of our services, or to offer services that better meet customers' needs.
- Registration for membership services
- Responses to questionnaires
- Participation in events such as contests and prize offers
- Orders for Canon Electron Tubes & Devices' products, digital content, services, etc.
- Applications to attend exhibitions, seminars, training sessions, etc.
- Provision of maintenance services
For the purposes of this policy, "personal data" is information that can be used to identify an individual by including one or any combination of the following: name, age, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, street address, credit card number, bank account details, and details of inquiries to us.
- Specification of Use
Whenever Canon Electron Tubes & Devices asks for personal information, the purposes for which it will be used are specified in advance, and use is restricted to those purposes. (If Canon Electron Tubes & Devices should ever desire to use personal data for purposes other than those specified, it informs individuals of the additional purposes. All individuals may refuse to consent to use of their personal data for such additional purposes.)
Individuals who do not wish to provide Canon Electron Tubes & Devices with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that Canon Electron Tubes & Devices provides.
- Non-Disclosure to Third Parties
In principle, Canon Electron Tubes & Devices does not disclose personal data to third parties except in the following circumstances.
- When express consent to do so is received from the person concerned.
- When an inquiry concerning a product or service can be more appropriately handled by a Canon Electron Tubes & Devices subsidiary or affiliate that is responsible for that product or service.
- When Canon Electron Tubes & Devices consigns such activities as promotional campaigns or competitions to other entities, in which cases personal data is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement
- When it is necessary to complete settlement of payment for products ordered or services provided (e.g. providing information to financial institutions to facilitate credit card transactions, etc.)
- When a judicial order or the like obliges Canon Electron Tubes & Devices to disclose personal data.
- Secure Management of Personal Data
Canon Electron Tubes & Devices manages personal data in an appropriate manner. Strict security measures ensure that personal data is securely saved and kept from loss, misuse or improper alteration.
Individuals who wish to confirm their personal data should contact the section responsible for the services where they input the information. Canon Electron Tubes & Devices will provide the personal data that it has when it has confirmed that the individual making the inquiry is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties.
When personal data contains errors or needs to be updated, Canon Electron Tubes & Devices will make the required changes, when it has confirmed that the individual making the request is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties.
Handling of Personal data of Children under Age 16
Canon Electron Tubes & Devices exercises the greatest possible caution to protect the privacy of children. Children under 16 years old are requested to provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co., Ltd. complies with all applicable laws and regulations with regard to personal information provided by our customers.
- Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co., Ltd. reserves the right to revise its Personal Information Protection Policy either to enable it to better protect customers' personal information or to comply with changes in laws and regulations applicable in Japan.
- Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co., Ltd. bears no responsibility whatsoever for protecting the security of customers' personal information provided via websites linked to our website.
- We accept questions regarding the content of this page on the form "Questions and Inquiries for Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co., Ltd." SSL encryption is used to protect personal information provided by customers making inquiries. Please be advised that browsers incompatible with SSL may not be able to access this page from companies' internal networks due to FireWall or other such settings.
Customers wishing to confirm their own personal information should contact the division responsible for the service for which they provided personal information (the Website Administration Division for personal information provided via our website).
Establishment: October 1, 2003
Amended : November 1, 2018
Representative Director & President
Canon Electron Tubes & Devices Co., Ltd.